I’m sure you have heard it before. Stop your mobile notifications. They are eating your time … bla … bla … bla…
Yes, that is correct, they are eating time, but don’t stop them completely. Limit them. Self-discipline is the key. Whenever I hear someone telling me they have stopped their notifications I ask what about X or Y types of apps and they don’t have an answer. Apps such as:
- bank apps - sending you notifications about your balance or accepting a payment
- Calendar - sending you notifications about your events
- 2nd verifications - you need to login into websites/apps sometimes.
- Delivery apps - Do you want your pizza to be delivered to you?
Thinks you need to think about when enabling/disabling notifications:
- Messaging apps - I only have 8 social media on my phone. (Wait isn’t that too much?) They are all limited to 5-15 mins a day, so If I need something I can use it, but only for important tasks. Only my main communication app is allowed to send me notifications. - I use FB Messanger.
- Limiting people on messaging apps - I only have max 10 people that can send me notifications. - Everyone else can wait.
- Games - you can limit 90% of the notifications you receive and not be a “noob” about it
P.S. - I don’t want to be a jackass to no one about it, I want to be a better person. I don’t want to be a slave to my phone.
A little tutorial on how to disable notifications sounds in Messanger on Android. - “It works on all apps which lag a lot”
- Create a custom file that is empty - as my head on Monday morning - or download my creation
- Put it in the “Notifications” folder which is on your device’s ROM storage.
- You can copy it using an application that can work with your filesystem such as “Files by Google” or “Total Commander - file manager”. There are many more but I have used these for the past few years and they are great.
- You need to select the file in Messenger. To do this, go to its settings > Notifications & Sounds > Notification Sound.